Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
You will be asked to provide your personal information when you sign up for a Happi Membership. Happi will never share personal information with any third party outside of the Happi Research Partner Network.
Happi will share with third parties data regarding your responses to survey questions, the offerings you Smile at and the promotions to which you respond. All of this information will be correlated to your demographic, nationality, location and/or previous survey response or Smile selections, but it will never be associated with your name, mobile phone number or any other personal information such that a third party can contact you directly or associate you with the response.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Happi may collect and how we may use it.
What information we collect
- When you create a Happi Member Account, we will ask for your first name(s), family name, mobile phone number, nationality, city of residence, age, and gender. Your mailing address, email address and credit card information are not necessary for creation of a Member Account
- We provide a range of product and service sweepstakes and related promotions, and through our web site located at https://thehappiapp.com and our mobile app Happi and all associated web sites and mobile apps managed by Happi, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and all other web sites and mobile apps around the world managed by Happi, its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, the “Site”) or otherwise, we gather or may in the future gather information relating to the products and services you have preferred, recommended or purchased, the campaigns and programs in which you have engaged, the institutions and individuals with which you have engaged, the surveys you have completed and the responses you have made to survey questions, and the content you have reviewed, contributed or created (all of the foregoing and any additional similar data, including any other data related thereto that is described in the other paragraphs of this section is referred to as “Engagement Data”).
- When you share your content with colleagues, family and friends using Happi products, or invite others to join you on Happi forums, Happi may collect the information you provide about those people such as name and mobile phone number.
How we use your personal and non-personal information:
- The personal and non-personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Happi’s latest product and service announcements, campaigns and programs, software updates, and upcoming events. It also helps us to improve our services, content, and advertising. Finally, it enables us to inform you when you have won a prize and when an offer or invitation has been curated for you.
- We also use personal and non-personal information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases, coupons, prizes, promotions, invitations and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Happi, the only way to opt-out is to terminate your account.
- We may also use personal and non-personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Happi’s products, services, and customer communications and provide non-personal information only to third parties for their analysis and research to better align their offerings with your preferences.
- If you enter into a campaign, contest, promotion or other form of program, we will use the information you provide to administer those programs.
- Happi will never collect your credit card or bank account information. However, payment gateways such as PayPal and suppliers with which you interact to utilize a promotion you receive from Happi may collect your credit card or bank account information. Your relationship and interaction with those third parties is independent of your relationship with Happi and the use and protection of the information you provide those parties will be governed by the terms and conditions of those third parties. Happi is not responsible for the protection or management of data you provide third parties.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, postal code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where a Happi product or service is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may provide your Engagement Data, either separately or aggregated with similar data from other Happi customers, and provide it to our product and service partners or to strategic partners or third parties, after we have removed from it your personal information. For example, we may provide information regarding the products and services you have preferred, recommended or purchased to our product and service partners or to strategic partners without disclosing your personal information. As another example, we may provide information regarding the surveys you have completed and the responses you have made to survey questions to our clients, product and service partners or to strategic partners or third parties without disclosing your personal information.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
If you want to disable cookies, go to the preferences in your browser to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the Happi website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Happi may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Happi website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Happi may make certain personal information available to product and service partners and strategic partners that work with Happi to develop our platform, products and services, or that help Happi market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by Happi to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Happi to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Happi takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Happi online services use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is collected. To make purchases from these services, you must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Safari, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal information while it’s transmitted over the Internet.
When you use some Happi products, services, or applications or post on a Happi forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your profile settings at either happi.sg or on the Happi mobile application. For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Happi is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To provide location-based services on Happi products, Happi and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Happi and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, we may share geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Happi websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Happi employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
This section is included to ensure compliance with the ESOMAR code, as defined below. These terms may be redundant with terms stated above. If there is any conflict between the terms stated above and the terms stated in this clause, the terms stated in this clause shall prevail.
Happi is designed for compliance with the ICC/ESOMAR International Code on Market, Opinion and Social Research and Data Analytics. Your use of the Happi application (this “App”, “Happi” or “the Happi App”), is subject to the following terms and conditions (the “Terms”).By accessing, using, or registering to use the App (as defined herein), you agree to follow and be bound by these Terms. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT ALL OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THIS APP.
You confirm that you are at least 12 years of age. You further confirm that if you are below 18 years of age, your parent or guardian has confirmed both awareness and consent for you to use this app.
One of the user benefits of Happi is access to promotions aligned with the opinions, preferences and desires you indicate through question responses and prize selections. You understand and confirm consent to receiving promotions, invitations, offers, and additional questions on the App based on your responses to questions and selection of prizes on the App.
The Happi App is a platform for consumer insights and interactions. As such, users receive questions regarding their status, history, intentions, opinions, preferences, and desires on a broad range of consumer, economic, political, religious and lifestyle topics. Happi collects this information on behalf of clients with the intention of selling the information to those clients. These clients may be consumer brands, market research organizations, financial services providers, political groups, employers, media and/or non-profit organizations. This information can be used for analysis by clients or Happi and may form the basis of targeting additional questions or promotions to you. Happi does not release personally identifiable information such as names, email addresses or mobile numbers. Happi does not enable third parties to contact you directly other than through questions and promotions on the app. If you respond to a promotion and choose to offer your personal information to any third party, the terms and conditions of your provision of that information to the third party are between you and the third party.
The My Pocket section of Happi is expressly and intentionally devoted to promotions. If you do not wish to receive promotions, do not access the My Pocket section of the App. Some of the survey questions may also have promotional intent and may contain hyperlinks that lead to promotional content.
Based on your profile and/or response to questions or selection of prizes, you may receive groups of questions or follow-on questions in the future. Happi enables clients to conduct “daily conversations” with the same individuals and your use of the app indicates your consent to receive these questions.
Your use of the app indicates your consent for your responses, prize selections and profile data to be used in third party analysis. Happi will delete your account and all your response data upon your written request.
The Happi App is the user interface to a global market research platform. Researchers from all over the world can use the platform to analyse response data from users all over the world. As such, your usage of the app indicates your consent for your profile, response, and prize selection data to be transferred and analysed anywhere in the world.
INCORPORATION INTO AGREEMENT TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
PLEASE READ AND REVIEW HAPPI’S AGREEMENT TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE. PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT HAPPI’S AGREEMENT TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
Last updated by Happi on September 3, 2018